Free

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Ending (Spoilers!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrootSnax

PostSubject: The Ending (Spoilers!)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Alright while I was watching the ending to Cowboy Bebop I didn't understand why Spike didn't just stay on the Bebop with Faye and Jet... also the way way ending where it says "You're Gonna Carry That Weight" ... I truly thought it would've have said something like "See You, Space Cowboy" ... From what I've read online, people have said it has to do with the Beatles? Or something like that... I was looking for an explanation on why they say "You're Gonna Carry That Weight" instead on something else. ALSO, I don't understand why Ed left?

ANYWAY - I thought I'd post this here since it seems like you guys/girls are hardcore Bebop fans XD

Hopefully you can answer my questions!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Outlaw
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ending (Spoilers!)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Alright, Ill try to break this down for ya.

Spike left the Bebop to fight the syndicate for a number of reasons. A lot of which is hypothesis and what not because its left for interpretation, But, he left because he wanted to protect Jet and Faye. You see in the previous session that they ship got attacked by the syndicate and that Jet got shot in the bar. Spike realized that by stayin with them, he is endangering their lives. You see in that session how much they focus on Jet's wound and Spike focusing on it. This is unlike all the previous sessions where we see the members suffer much more serious injuries. He also left it obviously for revenge for the death of Julia. Then theres the whole angle where people think from session for 5 (Where spike falls from the window, and people believe he dies) or Toys in the Attic (where some people believe all the members died) that the rest of the series is Spike's dream. Hence why he says "Going to find out if im really alive" and Julia says "its all just a dream"..I personally dont believe the latter but thats up to how the indiviual interprets the show. What makes bebop great!

The Youre Gonna Carry Your own weight last text is symbolic of the relationships of people. Youre gonna have to look that one up yourself because its far too much for me to type at the moment (doing this post quickly).

Ed left to go stay with her father and for other abstract reasons.

Hope that clears some it up for ya lol. If you have any more questions, just let me know Very Happy

Forum Admin

Check out My Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cowboybebop.forumsmotion.com
FrootSnax

PostSubject: Re: The Ending (Spoilers!)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Oh! Thank you! I didn't know that they were after Jet and Faye too... I only knew that they were after Spike. And for some reason... I'm starting to believe those strange theories. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Outlaw
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Ending (Spoilers!)   Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Well they were after Spike. But if he woulda been with them, it would put their lives in danger. The syndicate probably wouldve just killed them off anyway along with Spike. How the organized crime works haha

Forum Admin

Check out My Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cowboybebop.forumsmotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ending (Spoilers!)   Today at 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down

The Ending (Spoilers!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1