Free

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

DBZ Blu-Ray Level 1.1 Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Outlaw
Admin

PostSubject: DBZ Blu-Ray Level 1.1 Review   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 am

Ok, so I picked this up this morning and gave her a watch. I wasnt originally intending to buy it but I was getting food and saw it laying there and couldnt stop myself from buying it. So here is the review

Video Quality:
4:3 Aspect Ratio
1080p Blu Ray
Episodes 1-17 (Filler still intact)

Ok, so the video quality wasnt really what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be like Kai's Blu Ray quality but just with the whole series, but I was obviously wrong. It looked superb overall and you can tell they really put a lot of time into it but it looked ALOT grainier than I was expecting. Which again should of been what I was expecting with it basically just being the original film remastered. But overall, it didnt live up to me expectations of the Blu Ray quality (Maybe I was expecting too much?)

Audio:
Dolby True HD Audio
Japanese Dub/Japanese Music
English Dub/Japanese Music
English Dub/English Music

Another surprise for me here. I watched the English Dub with the English music (What did yall expect from me? Razz). The audio quality was really good as usual, so no complaint there. But what surprised me was that they redubbed it in english. I had no idea that they were doing that (Maybe you guys did?). The new dub is FANTASTICO. The new script is more accurate, less corny, and the acting is overall better. Now, they didnt redub everything, so the classic lines we original dub fanboys love are still intact. They made Gohan less annoying and they kept the original english dub names the same (Special Beam Cannon, etc.) The new revised dub made it more exciting to watch. Oh, and the DVD menu music is epic

Special Features:
Textless opening and closing songs
Trailers
Marathon Feature
Dragon Ball Z: Film to Blu-Ray Featurette
Came with a little Vegeta Picture "signed" by Chris Sabat (Pretty Cool)

Ok so the special features were kind of a let down. I was expecting more content but I suppose theyre saving it for the future levels. The Film to Blu-Ray video was only like 7 minutes long and was insightful, but nothing I couldnt have learned online.

OVERALL VERDICT:
So everything about it was pretty good. But I would say pass on these until they come down in price. I payed 25 dollars for it (could of got it cheaper online, I know) but there is going to be 18 levels. You do the math. It is will be a great addition to your DBZ collection someday but for now; Original Dub fanboys, stick with the Orange Bricks, and Kai fans, stick with Kai on Blu-Ray. You arent missing out on too much here. I'm sure the later levels will be worth their original prices because, the quality will be better with the better animation (obviously)

If you have any more questions, I will do my best to answer. Let me know what you thought of the review.

Forum Admin

Check out My Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cowboybebop.forumsmotion.com
Majin Popo

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Blu-Ray Level 1.1 Review   Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 pm

I like the review man. I'm a fan of the original dub as well, regardless of what others say! Haha. I'm tempted to buy this, but I might wait until they release some more and buy several at once. Idk. I also kind of feel like watching the show in the original Japanese, just to get a feel for what the original voice actors sound like. I feel like I owe it to them, or something. Haha.

And I like that this is higher quality than the orange bricks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

DBZ Blu-Ray Level 1.1 Review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1